Textbooks and supplies are the responsibility of the student and costs vary. The campus bookstore offers books for purchase or rent, including buyback options. New students at Bluffton will be presented with their options during summer orientation.
Tuition and fees
For 2020-21, tuition is $16,976 per semester for 12-17 hours, and a technology fee
is billed at $275 per semester. Contact the business office to obtain charges for
less than 12 hours (part time) or for hours greater than 17.
Room and board
Room and board includes fees for living in the residence halls and meals. Room costs for 2020-21 begins at $2,793 each semester for students who reside on campus. Students who live in Neufeld Hall or Ramseyer Hall are charged an additional $100 per semester. There is an additional charge for apartment living. Students living in the apartments must select at least a 5 meal plan, where students in other residence halls must select a 10 meal plan at the minimum.
|Residence Hall||Room charge
|Super Single charge
|Bren-Dell, Ropp, Hirschy Complex||$2,793||$3,543|
|Riley Court apartments||$4,054|
Residential students are initially billed for the Premier 15-meal plan. Each meal plan includes "Beaver Bucks," dollars that can be used to purchase food items in the snack bar or additional meals in The Commons. Residential students are required to choose one of three meal plans: Full Value 20 plus meal plan, Premier 15 Plus meal plan or Basic 10 Plus meal plan. First-year students must select between the 20 meal plan or the 15 meal plan their first semester, and have the option of selecting the 10 meal plan beginning their second semester. Commuter and apartment meal plans are also available.
|Meal plan per semester||Cost|
|20 meal plan||$2,999|
|15 meal plan||$2,880|
|10 meal plan||$2,764|
|Commuter 5 meal plan||$1,089|
The technology fee is used to cover the following student resources:
- Access to the campus network
- High speed Internet connection from the residence hall room and around campus
- Campus e-mail address
- Access to online course information and student records
- Technology center access
- Access to OhioLINK electronic library resources
- Regular upgrades to student computing resources
Preliminary billing information
Specific information regarding payment options will be presented during the summer
orientation session for new students. Returning students receive billing information
after registration for the fall semester is complete. Loan funds and/or aid estimates
will not be credited to a student's account until all the necessary paperwork is complete.
These amounts - including interest charges on unpaid balances - are the responsibility
of the student until the funds are received or estimates are confirmed.
Payment options The university offers two payment options:
- Payment-in-Full by Semester: (preferred method)
- Ten-month plan
You must select one of these options by indicating your choice on the 2020-21 Payment Information Form. The Payment Information Form needs to be completed, signed and returned to the Business Office no later than August 10, 2020. If you choose the monthly payment plan, your first payment is due by July 15, 2020. SUBSEQUENT PAYMENTS WILL BE DUE ON THE FIRST OF THE MONTH.
The following payment options are acceptable:
- Payment-in-Full by Semester option. The Fall Semester bill is due by August 10, 2020 and the Spring Semester bill is due by January 8, 2021 for all students. The bill is calculated on the costs for that semester as of the date the bill was generated. Adjustments to charges during the semester may increase, or decrease, the balance on the account.
- Ten-Month Plan. The student's ESTIMATED yearly costs (assumes 12-17 academic hours per semester) are divided into ten equal installments. Payments begin in July and continue through April. Your first payment is due by July 15, 2020 with subsequent payments due on the first of each month. Additional charges that are added to your student account must be paid at the time they are incurred. An example of these charges may include, but are not limited to: bookstore charges, lab fees, change in tuition hours, Cross Cultural program fees, etc.
Payment toward your student account may be paid with check, cash and credit cards.
If you have selected the Monthly Payment Plan option, your payments can also be automatically
deducted from your checking or savings account by authorizing an ACH (Automated Clearing
House) charge from your account. Please contact the cashier of the Business Office
by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for an “ACH Authorization” form. A 3% convenience fee applies to credit card transactions for payment of tuition, room
& board and fees on student accounts. When submitting payments, please identify the student by indicating the student’s
name and ID number.
Questions about payments or payment plans can be sent to email@example.com.