Opportunities for scholastic involvement or recognition:
The Honors Program is a four-year program designed to challenge intellectually ambitious and highly motivated students in all disciplines to explore relationships among academic study, religious faith, meaningful vocation and service.
- C. Henry Smith Scholars: Up to 15 juniors and seniors, with GPAs of 3.3 or above, are chosen for this fellowship. Members may be used in course planning, teaching and/or special tutoring.
- Departmental honors: Awarded to graduates meeting requirements following an independent study in his/her major.
- Pi Delta Society: Membership in this honorary scholastic society is by vote of the faculty from among those seniors who, at graduation, have a high cumulative GPA..
- Dean's list includes all students of at least half-time status, earning a GPA no lower than 3.6 at the end of each semester. News releases are submitted to hometown newspapers of students who earn Dean's list recognition and provided information regarding their hometown newspaper during orientation.
- Academic awards are given to graduates named as best scholar in each major. In addition, special awards are presented to the international student and student-athlete with "highest scholastic record," and to individuals who excel in oratory, business, music, visual art and education.