Honors Program Application
High school seniors wishing to enter the honors program must meet the following criteria:
- acceptance into Bluffton University
- 3.5 GPA or better
- ACT score of 24 or higher or SAT score of 1130 or higher
- submission of a separate honors program application
Students may enter the program during their first year of study at Bluffton University. These students must
- have a minimum 3.3 GPA at Bluffton
- submit an honors program application demonstrating commitment to all aspects of the program, and
- submit two letters of recommendation from Bluffton professors.
If you have questions about the honors program at Bluffton, please contact:
Dr. Martina Cucchiara
Director of Honors Program
Bluffton University Honors Program and the application process
This application will be reviewed by a panel of honors students and the honors director. The first decision regarding admissions will be formally announced by the first Friday in February. If any seats remain in the program after that date, new applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The program itself thrives on the uniqueness of its students. Diverse life experiences, academic interests and extracurricular activities all add to the classroom and the social environment of the program and are highly valued. Applications that do not meet these requirements will be considered, but applicants should pay particular attention to their academic record.
In the application below, please respond to any two of the following prompts (150-250 words per essay). Please include the number of the prompt to which you are responding.
- In five years, I want to...
- To understand my high school experience, you need to know...
- If I could change one thing about the world, it would be...
- This is a story about a time when I supported someone else in a leadership position...
- This is a story about a time when I took a leadership role.