2015 5 on 5 basketball champions
5 on 5 Basketball
A MEN'S LEAGUE
We are trying to make intramurals more competitive in the A division. Requirements need to be considered to determine which division you play in. When signing up please look at the requirements and choose the specific league. The IM staff reserves the right to move any player or team appearing to play in the wrong division.
- Has played for the Bluffton University men's basketball team or any other college team
- Was selected as All Conference, All District, All State or any tournament honors
- Has more than two years of high school varsity basketball experience
- Played on a traveling or AAU team
- Players that do no meet "A" league requirements may still play in "A" league if they feel they are skilled enough, but "A" league qualified players may only participate in "A" league.
- Competition will be stiff and the style of play is fast. This league is for the exceptional player.
- Any high school or competitive basketball experience or none at all
- Skill level is average but doesn't meet any of the A league criteria
- Play is competitive and style of play is similar to open gym
- League is mostly for fun
- Rules and fouls are limited
INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL RULES
The rules of the National Federation of College Athletics Associations will apply in all cases except where special intramural rules apply.
- The game will consist of two 20-minute halves.
- Half time will be 3 minutes.
At the completion of the game each captain must sign the score sheet.
Teams must provide their own ball. If neither team provides a playable basketball, the game shall result in double forfeit.
- Each team is allowed one time-out per half. It does not carry over into the next half.
- Time-outs are one minute in length.
- Each game will begin with a jump ball. Every jump ball called from then on will be an alternate possession call. The team NOT gaining possession on the jump will receive the initial alternate possession.
- The direction of the possession arrow is reversed immediately after an alternating possession throw in is completed.
If a player receives one technical in a game, they will be ejected from that game and subject to a disciplinary hearing,
- Report to the scorer and remain there until a dead ball occurs.
- An official must beckon the player(s) onto the court.
- Substitutions should occur without delaying the game.
- Tie score at the end of regulation time will result in a three minute overtime period.
- Overtime will start with a jump ball leading to an alternate possession.
The first team listed is the home team and needs to wear white shirts. The second team is the away team and needs to wear dark shirts.
Nights and dates of play will depend on the popularity of the season; women will have
their own league if there is enough interest. With enough teams, we will again be
having two levels of play (A league and co-ed league)
Teams will be limited to 10 players. If you have any questions, please contact Tami Forbes, email@example.com.