Return to Campus 2020
Protecting the Dam responsibilities
Ensuring a vibrant, safe and healthy campus community will require the effort and diligence of every member — student, faculty and staff. Please help us foster a community of respect as we strive to remain COVID infection free!
Faculty and Staff Responsibilities
- Faculty and staff will be required to complete a self-monitoring process for temperature and symptoms daily before coming to campus.
- If you feel sick, have a fever or other symptoms that could be COVID-19 related – Please Stay Home and see your healthcare provider.
- Faculty and staff are requested to not utilize the fitness/weight room facilities or the dining facilities in Marbeck.
- All students will be required to check their temperatures every morning before class and complete an online temperature and symptom surveillance form. Students who have a fever and/or symptoms suggestive of a potential COVID-19 infection will not come to class until they are screened.
- Students who show presumptive signs of COVID-19 will be directed to a healthcare provider for additional screening and possible testing.
- Students with symptoms and their roommate will be relocated to quarantine quarters until testing is completed. Students testing positive for COVID-19 will be transferred to an isolation location until released by the Allen County Health Department. The positive student’s roommate will remain in quarantine per CDC and Allen County Health Department guidelines.
Community Member Shared Responsibilities (Students/Faculty/Staff)
- Wear your mask at all times while in classrooms, hallways, and common spaces. Masks are not required in personal office spaces or residence hall accomodations.
- Practice appropriate social distancing at all times.
- Wash, wash, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently and especially after handling your mask.
- Stay home when you are ill!
- Follow all guidelines for spacing and cleansing of hands and tables when in class.
Remember: ensuring the health of our community is a “we” issue and not a “me” issue.
Return to Campus plan
Learn about Bluffton’s Return To Campus plan at https://www.bluffton.edu/alert/return-to-campus2020/index.aspx
General Guidelines for Students and the #ProtectTheDam plan can be found at https://www.bluffton.edu/alert/return-to-campus2020/protect-dam.aspx
Although we cannot predict what the future will hold for our campus, we believe that the safety measures that we are adopting in conjunction with a wide variety of best practices documents provides us with solid preventative measures.