Jan. 27, 2018
High-achieving high school students were invited to campus to compete for one of two
Full-Tuition Presidential Scholarships
These scholarships were valued at $121,000 through the four years of undergraduate education at Bluffton.
Participants received a $1,000 annual scholarship just for participating in the Presidential Scholarship Competition.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Score a minimum 25 ACT/1200 on the SAT (critical reading and math)
- Earn admission to Bluffton prior to the competition date
- Register for the competition
All eligible students were welcome to participate in this competition. Families were also welcome to come to campus.
How were the winners chosen?
The winners of the scholarship competition were chosen based on three key categories:
- An essay - written and completed on campus the day of the competition
- Overall grade point average
- Standardized test scores
Students with an unavoidable conflict on the scheduled day of the competition had an alternate option for participating. Contact the office of admission for details.
The date for the 2019 PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP competition is to be determined.