Our diverse intellectual, social and faith-based environment serves as an important piece in educating developing artists, designers, teachers, therapists and scholars. We believe art is a vital and fundamental cultural force necessary for the functioning of our society, to the awakening of spiritual awareness and to the education of its citizens. We commit to individualized attention, public opportunity, diversity and civic engagement.
AT BLUFFTON, YOU WILL…
- Experience a professional and engaging faculty who are also working artists with published pieces.
- Create in large studios for drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics and sculpture.
- Use cutting edge technology including large-format printers and scanners, 3D printers and scanners, laser etching and cutting, computerized routers, DSLR camera and iMac workstations.
- Travel to and learn about the culture of art in large cities like New York and Chicago through Art Now Seminars.
- Attend monthly artist receptions and exhibitions in Grace Albrecht Gallery, Bluffton University’s own gallery.
Want to learn more about Bluffton?
During the academic year, works by visiting artists, faculty and students are featured
in the Grace Albrecht Art Gallery.
>>> Gallery exhibition information
Bluffton offers three $1,000 art scholarships to promising and talented first-year students. A portfolio of artwork is required
for art scholarship consideration. DEADLINE FOR PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION IS FEB. 28, 2017.
The Bluffton art department is located on an attractive site overlooking Riley Creek in the Sauder Visual Arts Center, a facility that provides state-of-the-art studios for drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics and sculpture.