Room draw schedule
March 13 - March 17, 2017:
A mandatory hall meeting for all returning students will be held during the week. Look for announcement of time/location from your RA. Commuters wishing to live on campus can contact the student life office for information at Studentlife@bluffton.edu.
aka keeping your current room for next year
11:59 p.m. Monday, March 20
Residents who want to stay in their present rooms (including singles & triples) for next fall have first priority on those rooms, however, a resident must have a roommate for next year to keep his/her room. Deadline for both roommates to submit the Returning Student Housing Form is 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 20, If you want to keep your current room, both roommates need to list the other as their roommate in order to reserve the room. If roommate names do not match, or the deadline is missed, the room will be forfeited. >>> more about room nesting
11:59 P.M. Monday, March 20
Preference for Riley Court apartments will be given to groups who sign up with six people, with upperclassman being given priority within those groups. If any apartments are left after these groups of six register, there will be a room draw for any available apartments in groups of two.
If you are interested in signing up for an apartment, you must email email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 20. Please include in the email the complete names of the six students interested in the apartment, their email address and indicate a lead person for the group. The lead person will be contacted to attend an apartment room draw some time between March 21 and 26.
- Seniors will be given priority in this draw. Class status will be determined by current credit hours completed.
- Please also fill out the “nesting” room form in case you do not receive an apartment placement. The process will be completed in time for you to delete the nesting request or sign up for the other room draws beginning March 27 if needed.
- If you receive an apartment assignment for next year, if any member of your group leaves the group you will be responsible to find a new student to take their place or pay for their portion of the room charge. If you do not find a replacement or accept the extra charge, you will lose your apartment and a group from the waitlist will be moved into your place.
- You must have at least a five meal plan when living in the apartments. You may also have a 10, 15 or 20 meal plan for an additional cost.
- Individual rooms within each apartment will be decided by the apartment members themselves.
Unreserved apartments/singles/triples/super singles
9:30 P.M. Monday, March 27, In the AB Room in the Commons
If there are rooms left, an in-person room draw for unreserved singles, triples, super singles and apartment rooms.
>>> more about singles and triples
9:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 28, in residence hall main lobbies
In-person room draw for students changing rooms but remaining in the same hall. Both roommates must be present. Students changing buildings must relinquish their present rooms for the general room draw. This will be done automatically if you miss the nesting deadline. Students changing buildings must attend the all-hall room draw with a roommate. If you plan to room with an incoming student you need to have that student email Studentlife@Bluffton.edu to indicate this desire. To do this the student must be accepted and plan to attend Bluffton University. The room will be forfeited if both roommates do not submit the Returning Student Housing Form agreement form within 24 hours after choosing a room. >>> new room, same hall
In-person room draw for students moving to a different hall. Students changing buildings must relinquish their present rooms for the general room draw. This will be done automatically if you miss the nesting deadline. Students changing buildings must attend the all-hall room draw with a roommate. If you plan to room with an incoming student you need to have that student email Studentlife@bluffton.edu to indicate this desire. To do this the student must be accepted and plan to attend Bluffton University. Both roommates must be present to select a room, and must submit the Returning Student Housing Form within 24 hours of choosing a room or the room will be forfeited. >>>new hall
Students without a roommate should contact their RA to aid them in finding a roommate.