Teaching licensure

Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA) integrated language arts education licensure

Students who wish to teach integrated language arts for the adolescent/young adult (grades 7-12) must complete requirements for an English major and education courses.

Middle childhood education with social studies concentration

Students who wish to teach English, language arts and reading in the middle school, grades 4-9, must complete a middle childhood education major with language arts as one of the two required areas of concentration. The middle childhood license requires concentrations in two areas; language arts, social studies, mathematics or natural sciences.

Explore courses required for licensure in:


Four year plans provide a guideline for completing requirements to teach English, beginning in an odd year or an even year or for the middle childhood education major

Want to learn more about Bluffton?