The following are the criteria for application and admission to the Bluffton University ISPP dietetics internship program for 2020-21.
To be eligible to apply for Bluffton's ISPP, applicants must have completed a Dietetic Internship Centralized Application (DICAS) within the last two years without previously being matched or being unmatched during the first round of spring 2020. Applicants must have completed a minimum of a bachelor's degree and received a verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD program by June 30, prior to beginning the internship. (Anyone who will not receive a DPD verification statement by that date is NOT ELIGIBLE to apply to the Bluffton ISPP, which begins in August.)
- Apply to Bluffton University ISPP (program code 7419D) by updating your online DICAS application for the second round match period, beginning Thursday, April 9, 2020. Include an updated personal statement.
- Pay $50 application fee by PayPal or mail a check.
- Application materials must be completed/received in DICAS and application fee must
post-marked by midnight (EST) Friday, April 24, 2020.
A selection committee comprised of internship preceptors, alumni, dietetics program professors and the internship experience coordinator will select 10 interns from the pool of eligible applicants. Selection is based on personal statement, references, didactic dietetic and overall academic ability, related-work experience, volunteer and leadership experience and the applicant's overall fit with the emphasis and nature of Bluffton's dietetic internship. Selected applicants will be notified by email or phone on or before noon Tuesday, April 28, 2020. (Note: this is a change from the notification date originally posted for the 2020-21 selection.)
ACCEPTING THE INTERNSHIP
If selected, Bluffton University prospective interns must contact the Internship Experience Coordinator to accept their internship position by phone or email on or before 4 p.m. (EST) Thursday, April 30, 2020. (Note: This is a change from the acceptance date originally posted for 2020-21 intern selection process.) AFTER ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION IS RECEIVED, the newly selected intern will be directed to:
- Complete an online Bluffton admissions application
- Submit official copies of their final college transcripts, if not done previously
- Submit official, signed verification statement from their Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), if not done previously.