Join us in celebrating excellence in high school journalism
High school students and journalism/media clubs are invited to participate in the Bluffton University Journalism Competition. The Witmarsum, Bluffton's student-driven media website, is hosting this competition.
Submit your best work to compete for cash prizes. Submissions will be accepted before Dec. 11, 2019.
- Feature story - print, online, audio or video
- Hard new story - print, online, audio or video
- Sports story - print or online
- Opinion piece - print or online
- News feature photography
- First, second and third prizes of $75, $50 and $25 awarded in each individual category
- Best overall portfolio from a school (minimum of five pieces)
- $500 to the best overall school/media organization
To compete, submissions must be uploaded before Dec 11, 2019. There is no entry fee. Prizes will be presented at an awards banquet on campus on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020.
- PDF for hard copy print pieces
- JPG for photos
- Link to website for online, audio or video files
The Witmarsum is the student-driven media website of Bluffton University, featuring student-produced news and feature stories.
Competition award ceremony
Participating high school journalism / media clubs and students are invited to campus Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020. Awards will be presented at that time. Must be present to win.
|3:30 p.m.||Check in|
|4 p.m.||Campus tour|
|5:45 p.m.||Awards ceremony|