Sales & fund-raising
Policy regarding solicitors, student businesses and fund-raising on campus:
- Solicitors, salespersons, peddlers and canvassers seeking student contact are not permitted to operate on the Bluffton campus or in any of its buildings or facilities.
- Students are allowed to operate their personal businesses on campus with the following
- Advertising must be placed on bulletin boards on campus. Print advertising is not allowed in residence halls with exception of on the student's individual door.
- If students are part of larger national corporations, regional or national representatives of these companies are not allowed on campus.
- Businesses that would compete with services provided by Bluffton University are not allowed to operate on campus (bookstore, food service, linen service, etc.)
- All fund raising efforts by student groups gain permission by filling out the "fundraising and sponsorship proposal application"
- Any questions or problems concerning on-campus sales or solicitations will be resolved by the student life office.