Shawnee State 6, Bluffton 3
Beavers competitive in 6-3 loss to Shawnee State
Oct. 2, 2008
BLUFFTON, Ohio - The Bluffton University women's tennis team put up a valiant effort before finally falling to Shawnee State on a cold and windy, Oct. 2, 2008. Senior Rae McKee (Van Buren/Van Buren) continued her hot play with a convincing 6-2, 6-2 victory at No. 2 singles. It was win number five in her last seven matches. The No. 3 doubles tandem of Brea Quellhorst (Wapakoneta/Wapakoneta) and Sarah Wilkins (Elida/Elida) picked up their third victory of the year, 8-6. Quellhorst went three sets in collecting her third singles victory of the season.
The Beavers will travel to North Manchester, Ind., to play the Spartans and Mt. St. Joseph Lions in the final Heartland Conference tri-match of 2008 before returning home for a clash with Otterbein College on Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 3 p.m.
1. Veronica Lerch (SS) def. Rachel Huckaba (B) 6-1, 6-2
2. Rae McKee (B) def. Jessica Waugh (SS) 6-2, 6-2
3. Sabrina Taylor (SS) def. Katie Welch (B) 6-1, 6-3
4. Jennifer Henry (SS) def. Devra Mast (B) 6-3, 6-3
5. Teal Rausch (SS) def. Sarah Wilkins (B) 6-1, 6-1
6. Brea Quellhorst (B) def. Angel Noland (SS) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
1. Lerch/Waugh (SS) def. Huckaba/McKee (B) 8-4
2. Henry/Taylor (SS) def. Welch/Mast (B) 8-4
3. Wilkins/Quellhorst (B) def. Noland/Rausch (SS) 8-6