The following are the criteria for application and admission to the Bluffton University ISPP dietetics internship program for 2017-18.
To be eligible to apply for Bluffton's ISPP, applicants must have completed a Dietetic Internship Centralized Application (DICAS) within the last two years without previously being matched or being unmatched during the first round of spring 2017. Applicants must have completed a minimum of a bachelor's degree and received a verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD program by July 1, prior to beginning the internship.
- Apply to Bluffton University ISPP (program code 7419D) by updating your online DICAS application for the second round match period, beginning April 6, 2017. Include an updated personal statement.
- Mail $50 application fee (payable to Bluffton University) to:
Jennifer Little, MS, RDN, LD
1 University Drive #37
Bluffton OH 45817-2104
- Application materials must be updated in DICAS and application fee must post-marked
by midnight (EST) April 17, 2017.
A selection committee comprised of internship preceptors, alumni, dietetics program professors and the internship Experience Coordinator will select 10 interns from the pool of eligible applicants. Selection is based on personal statement, references, didactic dietetic and overall academic ability, related-work experience, volunteer and leadership experience and the applicant's overall match with the emphasis and nature of Bluffton's dietetic internship. Selected applicants will be notified by email and/or phone on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
Accepting the internship
If selected, Bluffton University prospective interns must contact the Internship Experience Coordinator to accept their internship position by 1 p.m. (EST) on May 12, 2017, and will be directed to:
- Complete an online Bluffton admissions application through the office of adult and graduate studies
- Submit official copies of their final college transcripts, if not done previously
- Submit official, signed verification statement from their Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)