Teaching licensure

Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA) integrated social studies education licensure

To teach social studies or history in secondary school students need to complete a history major along with professional education courses to obtain an adolescent/young adult license in integrated social studies.

Middle childhood education with social studies concentration

Students interested in teaching social studies in middle school, grades 4-9, must complete a middle childhood education major with social studies as one of the two areas of concentration. The middle childhood license requires concentrations in two areas; social studies, mathematics, natural sciences or language arts.

Explore courses required for

Four year plans
provide guidelines to completing requirements for integrated social studies licensure, beginning in the odd year, or even year, or for the middle childhood education major.

Want to learn more about Bluffton?