Bluffton vs. Central State
Beavers shut out Central State for second win of year
April 10, 2007
BLUFFTON, Ohio - The Beavers used dominating performances in both singles and doubles action to pick up their second victory of the year, a 9-0 rout over Central State on Tuesday, April 10, 2007.
Senior Ryan Thomas (Jamestown/Greenview) picked up his first collegiate singles victory against Central State, a 6-0, 6-0 win at 5th singles. He teamed with Luke Roeschley (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) for an 8-0 win at 3rd doubles. Blake Babcock (Findlay/Findlay), Sean Williams (Upper Sandusky/Upper Sandusky) and Daniel Tinch (Middletown/Madison) all posted singles shutouts as well, at 2nd, 3rd and 4th singles, respectively. Roeschley did not give up a game at 6th singles. At 1st singles, Tim Kauffman (Lilburn, Ga./Parkview) posted a 6-1, 6-1 victory. He and partner Blake Babcock were victorious at 1st doubles by an 8-0 count, while Williams and Tinch posted a shutout at 2nd doubles.
The Beavers return to action on Saturday, April 14, when they will travel to Terre Haute, Ind., for a tri-match against Rose-Hulman and Defiance College at 9 a.m.
Bluffton 9, Central State 0
1. Tim Kauffman (Bluffton) def. Boyd (Central State) 6-1, 6-1
2. Blake Babcock (Bluffton) def. Hampton (Central State) 6-0, 6-0
3. Sean Williams (Bluffton) def. Christian (Central State) 6-0, 6-0
4. Daniel Tinch (Bluffton) def. Gaines (Central State) 6-0, 6-0
5. Ryan Thomas (Bluffton) def. Rogers (Central State) 6-0, 6-0
6. Luke Roeschley (Bluffton) def. Bennett (Central State)) 6-0, 6-0
1. Babcock/Kauffman (Bluffton) def. Hampton/Christian (Central State) 8-0
2. Williams/Tinch (Bluffton) def. Boyd/Bennett (Central State) 8-0
3. Thomas/Roeschley (Bluffton) def. Gaines/Rogers (Central State) 8-0