Bluffton received full CAEP accreditation without any areas noted for improvement or stipulations in 2018.
Why choose Bluffton?
Our graduate programs in education offer a challenging and interactive learning experience that provides you with practical tools for strengthening your classroom teaching. With knowledgeable and accessible professors, you will feel valued. And it's a flexible program so you can fit it into your busy teacher's schedule.
The graduate programs in education are organized around the conceptual framework, Educators Nurturing Communities of Learning and Respect. All courses and experiences are structured with this framework in mind. After completing the program, you'll be a great example of creating:
COMMUNITIES OF LEARNING
- demonstrate strong content knowledge
- understand how students learn and develop
- employ effective teaching strategies that lead to high levels of student learning
- employ effective teaching strategies that encourage critical thinking and problem solving
- implement on-going assessment through a variety of formal and informal strategies
- have knowledge and skills and use technology to enhance learning
COMMUNITIES OF RESPECT
- nurture respectful classrooms
- develop inclusive classrooms that value each student
- use non-violent conflict resolution strategies to demonstrate respect
- celebrate diversity
- provide instruction to accommodate diversity
EDUCATORS AS PROFESSIONALS
- develop and maintain collaborative relationships with parents, colleagues and the community
- act upon the understanding that they have been called to a vocation
- communicate effectively using verbal and nonverbal techniques
- reflect on teaching and student learning
- value and participate in on-going professional development